Friday, September 10, 2010

On the road again...

One of the frustrating things in my life right now is all the time I spend driving.  Poor Max has had so many trips to the ENT 2 hours away as he's had to deal with nosebleeds and then getting his nose cauterized TWICE.  We splurged on the factory installed DVD player in the new van which is great when there is a second person to run it.  Almost all my trips with him have been just him and I which means he either has to suck it up and watch the show he chose originally or he screams till I can't stand it and pull over and change the show.  This stop and start makes an already long trip even longer.  So today we go for our (hopefully) last trip to the ENT for his post-op follow up.  All signs look good that this last cauterization did the trick so I'm VERY hopeful that we won't have to make this trip again anytime soon. 

So today after I get home from that 4 hour round trip I get to head off in the opposite direction 2 hours to visit my sister.  We are taking a Reiki I/II class tomorrow in Downeast Maine and I couldn't bear to leave my house at 4am so I'm going tonight.  I am grateful that I have some new books on the ipod so I can at least be entertained during my travels.  I think I'm going to start with, "The Year of Living Biblically", it got lots of good reviews and some friends suggested it as well.  I'm hoping it's entertaining.  Anyone read it?

I'm very intrigued by the Reiki class and am going into it with an open and curious mind.  I am hopeful that it will help me be more centered and less frenzied as I cope with everyday life.  I'll keep you posted on how that goes, it's a pretty tall order!  My sister and I are just hoping that we don't look like dumbasses and if we do I'll leave that part out when I tell the story :-)


Ready, set, zoom...here I go...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read The year of living biblically, but I've read a couple A.J.Jacobs books and he's really funny and insightful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added you to my reader.:)
    Happy blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete