Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mindfulness...

I think the universe is trying to tell me that I need to slow down and pay attention.  After a very mindful day on Saturday at Reiki training I've been thinking a lot about "stuff" and thinking I should start journaling (like I tell my clients to, you know, "Do as I say not as I do.").  I have also been listening to Louise Hay's book, "You Can Heal Your Life" an oldie but goodie that I highly recommend.  I ordered the paperback as well as the companion book to use at work.  I also downloaded some meditations.  I really WANT to meditate and be zen but that will involve sitting still and not getting distracted so I bet I'll need some practice and I thought guided meditation would be the way to go. 

Then today I went to a training for work on DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) and wouldn't you know it but the whole first part was about, can you guess?  Yup, mindfulness.  Last night I originally came into the office to find a journal but got distracted by writing a blog about getting distracted so I'm still without a journal.  BUT as soon as I finish up here I'm going to make myself be mindful long enough to go to the closet and find a journal to use.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be mindful enough to write in it.  Babysteps, babysteps.

1 comment:

  1. Tami, see if you can practice mindfulness while walking. It's the way I manage it, and it elevates a simple walk to a soul-restoring experience!

    ReplyDelete