Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh the energy...

So yesterday was our Reiki I/II class.  It went all day and we did not look like dumb-asses, hooray!  It was a long, emotional and powerful day.  I can't speak for anyone else but I left feeling very excited about learning more and getting better at doing energy work and I also felt completely drained by the day.  I was supposed to drive home afterward but ended up calling home and the sitter was willing to stay one more night, (yay Heidi).  It was heaven to get to sleep instead of driving two hours. 

One of the very cool things about Reiki is that you can send energy out into the world and there is one method of "clearing the way" so you can send your energy and intention out in order to improve traffic, clogged drains, busy signals etc.  After we returned to my sister's house and picked up my niece we decided we were starving (Reiki makes you hungry too) so we set out for Longhorn Steakhouse at 7:00 on a Saturday night, in the big city.  We got there and found a very, very full parking lot.  My sister and I looked at each other and decided to try to "clear the way" in the hopes that we wouldn't have a long wait.  She hopped out to check on the wait and I kept sending our message.  As she went in several large parties started coming out of the restaurant, one group got into their car right in front of where we were waiting and got ready to leave.  Then my sister came out with a big grin and said, they can seat us right now!  I parked in the now vacant spot right in front of the door and in we went to sit right down.  The restaurant was very full, there was a party of 8 waiting to be seated and people who came in after us were given pagers for their wait.  I uttered a prayer of thanks and we ate.  Was it coincidence?  Was it Reiki?  Was it luck?  Who knows.  We both became so overcome with fatigue during dinner that it was hard to enjoy, we couldn't wait to get home to sleep. 

This morning we both felt good and I headed home.  Since returning home I dug out hubby's old table from medical school (he is a D.O. and they had to do OMT (spinal manipulation) so he had a table similar to a massage table.  I did a treatment on my daughter and she was very curious about it all and said she liked it and it felt very relaxing.  I am eager to get better at it and feel like I know what I'm doing.  The classmate I practiced on told me that I was a natural and did everything perfect and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread (my words not hers) who knows, maybe this will be my next calling.  I guess the next thing to do is to practice, do more reading and try to learn to do a session without the aid of my manual

So I shall practice on the willing little girl, the skeptical husband and the unsuspecting son. 

1 comment:

  1. i wish i was there -- you know i'd be game for practice!!

    ReplyDelete