Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week one

The first week of January is behind me and I'm pretty happy with myself.  The pantry challenge is going well although I don't think $200 will last the whole month.  I have done well sticking to my small list when going into the store and have not bought anything that wasn't on the list and "needed".  I did buy items for my practice meal swap meal (that was good but too complicated to be the mealswap meal) and I didn't use the $200 for that.  When I shop for my actual meal swap ingredients I won't use that money for that either.  The only unexpected purchases that couldn't wait were the $14.70 to Netflix when Murray ate the DVD, and $72 for repairing two flat tractor tires and then $13 today for Julianna's next Violin book for her lessons.  All in all I feel good about our money progress and it has really emphasized how much mindless spending was going on.

I still haven't found a meal planning app that I love so the monthly menu is probably going to be old school with pen and paper.

My other resolutions are going pretty well too.  I have been taking my makeup off every night even though I always think, "ugh it's so much work, I don't want to" and then I tell myself, "Self, it's your resolution and you have to report back on your blog and it will take 20 seconds so just do it!" and I do.  This accountability stuff really works.  My going to sleep by midnight 5 out of 7 nights is slightly less successful.  I only had one night when I was up really late (2am) and went to bed by 11ish some nights, was up to midnight a couple times and after midnight a couple times.  So not a total success but much better than it had been.  I'll keep working on that.

It wasn't a resolution but I am working hard to get back to yoga.  I went this morning and it was great.  I was pleased to find that I wasn't as rusty (literally or figuratively) as I expected and it felt great to have done it.  I am signing up for the adult ed yoga and am going to make an effort to do 2-3 classes a week and try to do something daily at home  Maybe that will be my February resolution.

How are you doing with your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment