Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's over already?

I can't believe that October is coming to a close.  Seems I just got out my lace up shoes and my feather duster to tackle my month of Fly Lady and now it's done.  Here is my post-mortem on the event.  I did not do all the plans perfectly but I did try and keep her ideas in my head about 90% of the time.  My bed has been made almost every day for the last 2 weeks and my sink has been shiny about 70% of the time (I'll take it!).  I have gotten a bunch of holes de-cluttered and taken two trips to the thrift store unloading over 10 giant garbage bags of clothes, sheets, and other household "stuff".  I am "blessing the world" as Fly Lady says.  I find myself looking at things with a more critical eye both in terms of "do I want to buy it?" and also "do I want to keep it?" and most importantly, "where should this live?".  I think living the Fly Lady way is a lifelong process, some days I'll excel and other days I'll slack off.  But it's all about FLYING...Finally Loving Yourself and taking babysteps in the right direction. While I don't plan to formally blog about Flying anymore I'm sure it will come up sometimes.  I hope maybe I've encouraged some of you to check out her methods and find your way to less chaos (can't have anyone over syndrome).  Next month is all about gratitude.  In honor of November I am going to spend the month being positive and grateful, There is so much to be thankful for that I hope to really uncover and share much of it in the days to come.  My daily thankful's will be on facebook while my weekly thoughts will be here.  In honor of the last day of October, my sink is shiny, my bed is made and I'm going to bed at a decent hour.  In honor of tomorrow being November I will say I am thankful that it's Monday and the kiddos go back to school.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment